Digital Skills Boot Camp
Starting August 7th. 6 Week Course
Two 2-hour sessions a week.
LOCATION: Connecting Point, 208 Sutton Way, Grass Valley, CA 95945
- Making Email Work
- Project Management and Collaboration
- Presentations & Surveys
- Document Creation and Collaboration
- Conferencing and Calendaring
- Creating Marketing Materials
- Social Media Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Website Management
- SEO and Analytics
- Personal and Small Business Money Management
- Digital Self-Defense
Basic Computer Skills
Making Email Work — Spend less time by being more effective with email. (Tips and tricks to create efficiencies)
Project Management and Collaboration — Stay focused and successful with management tools to increase your productivity. (Introduction to applications such as Slack or Asana)
Presentations and Surveys — Create Presentations and Surveys that impress. (Introduction to apps such as Prezi, Survey Monkey or Google Forms)
Document Creation and Collaboration — Seamless sharing, gain mastery of document creation and organization in the cloud. (Google Docs and how to best use them)
Conferencing and Calendaring — Get confident with scheduling, so your remote meetings are off the hook. (Google calender and conference apps such as Skype or Google Talk)
Create Marketing Materials — Make eye-catching promotions to make business boom. (Introduction to apps such as Canva)
Social Media Marketing — Engage your community with on-point social media content in less time. (Facebook and LinkedIn for professional and business use)
Email Marketing — Create engaging newsletters that keep people subscribed.
Website Management — Secure your brand on the Internet by creating and managing your own website. (Intro to Web creation and management tools such as WordPress or Wix)
SEO and Analytics — Optimize websites for Google to get more traffic.
Personal and Small Business Money Management — Learn where all the money went to make better choices now. (Mint, etc)
Digital Self-Defense — Defend yourself and your employers by understanding the basics of Cyber Security.
Who can benefit from this program:
- Individuals who want office admin jobs locally or remotely with in-demand digital skills (eg admin assistant or customer service representatives)
- Existing office administration staff who want to upgrade their skills and work on the cloud
- Office managers who want to collaborate more efficiently with their staff using contemporary digital and cloud based solutions