Digital Audio Editing and Mixing with Pro Tools
• ENROLLING NOW!
This class is open to anyone with intermediate computer skills and an interest in sound, recording, music, podcasting, and sound for films/television/visual media. Ages 13 and older please.
This is an introductory course on Digital Audio Editing & Mixing using the industry standard Avid Pro Tools software. We will be covering the basics of the software including editing, mixing, recording, plugins, virtual instruments, automation, and building soundtracks for picture.
- An interest in music and mixing!
- A Current Subscription to Pro Tools ($30 a month) – This needs to be installed before your first day of class (you may discontinue your subscription after the course is completed if you wish)
- iLok USB Dongle ($41 Purchase Here)
- Laptop (Mac or PC, please note requirements here)
- USB Mouse
- E-Mail address
- Headphones or Speakers
- A Smartphone or camera capable of capturing video and audio
Starting October 2nd, 2 sessions a week for 4 weeks.
Every Monday and Wednesday, 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
Curriculum will be posted in closer to the start date
Careers in the world of Sound
Your career opportunities will depend on how much you develop your skills and what kind of experience you build in addition to this course. Here are some typical job titles/functions in the music industry:
Post Production Assistant
Recording Equipment Manufacturer’s Sales Rep or Customers Service
Audio for Video
Assistant Sound Engineer